VQ’s P-47D Tarheel Hal 20 Size EP – Scale Warbird
The Republic P-47 Thunderbolt was one of the largest and heaviest fighter aircraft in history to be powered by a single piston engine. It was heavily armed with eight .50-caliber machine guns, four per wing. When fully loaded, the P-47 weighed up to eight tons, and in the fighter-bomber ground-attack roles could carry five-inch rockets or a significant bomb load of 2,500 pounds; it could carry over half the payload of the B-17 bomber on long-range missions (although the B-17 had a far greater range). The P-47, based on the powerful Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine, was to be very effective as a short-to-medium range escort fighter in high-altitude air-to-air combat and, when unleashed as a fighter-bomber, proved especially adept at ground attack in both the World War II European and lt Pacific Theaters.
The P-47 was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of lt World War II, and served with other Allied air forces, notably those of France, Britain, and Russia. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. were equipped with the P-47.
No foam here !!! Get a one piece wing , fast assembly, true retract ready in a perfect size, the perfect construction, the perfect subject. Fly a great looking, greatly flying Jug on your favorite 2200-2600 mAH 3-4S LiPo. Want more scale realism? More performance? No problem, electric retracts drop right in and work great in this all-wood construction ARF aircraft. Get flying quickly with a plane worthy of your squadron. Get the EP P-47, only from VQ Models.
• Clear Canopy with Pilot
• Easy-Access Top-Hatch
• Factory-Painted Cowl with Dummy Cylinders
• Factory Laser-Cut, Jig-Built Assembly
• All-Wood Construction
• Factory Covered and Finished
• Fixed Landing Gear (Electric Retracts sold separately)
• Compatible with Electric Power Systems
• Hardware Package for EP
• Wingspan: 1220mm (48 Inches)
• Wing Area: 25.6sq.dm (397 Square Inches)
• Wing Loading: 62.5g/dm.sq. (21 Ounces Per Square Foot)
• Length: 1000mm (39.4 Inches)
• Minimum Weight Ready to Fly (Will Vary w/Equipment Used): 1.6Kg (3.5 Pounds)
• Functions: Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle and Optional Retracts (Sold Separately VQ-AREP47)
Recommended Items Required:
• 4 to 6 Channel Radio
• (4) x 9 Gram Servos
• For Electric Power: 2814 Motor, 60 Amp BL ESC, 3S 2200mAh LiPo and 9 x 4.5E Propeller