VQ 83″ P-38 LIGHTNING
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the VQ P-38 LIGHTNING 83″ model. The models are LEAVING FACTORY END OF SEPTEMBER +/- with an approx 5 Week Transit time to USA +/-! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment after this one won’t be until SPRING 2020, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your VQ P-38 LIGHTNING 83″ model, Your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
P-38 Lighting 83″ Model – Olive Color
(.46-.60 size EP-GP – scale warbird category)
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was a World War II American propeller driven fighter aircraft. Developed to an United States Army Air Corps requirement, the P-38 had distinctive. lt twin booms and a single, central nacelle containing the cockpit and armament. Named “fork-tailed devil” (der Gabelschwanz-Teufel) by the Luftwaffe and “two planes, one pilot” (2飛行機、1パイロット) by the Japanese, the P-38 was used in a number of roles, including interception, dive bombing, level bombing, ground-attack, night fighting, photo reconnaissance, radar and visual pathfinding for bombers, and evacuation missions, and extensively as a long-range escort fighter when equipped with drop tanks under its wings.
The P-38 was used most successfully in the Pacific Theater of Operations and the China-Burma-India Theater of Operations as the aircraft of America’s top aces, Richard Bong (40 victories), Thomas McGuire (38 victories) and Charles H. MacDonald (36 victories). In the South West Pacific theater, the P-38 was the primary long-range fighter of United States Army Air Forces until the appearance of large numbers of P-51D Mustangs toward the end of the war.
The P-38 was unusually quiet for a fighter, the exhaust muffled by the turbo-superchargers. The P-38 was the only American fighter aircraft in production throughout American involvement in the war, from Pearl Harbor to Victory over Japan Day. Now you can own a legend with the VQ P-38 Lightning 83″ model!
*** VQ WARBIRDS Updated 2017 Year Model P-38 includes center pod improved ply structure and bonded with genuine hysol adhesive.***
– All Balsa and lite-ply construction
– Fully covered in weathered detail
– Fiberglass cowling
– Painted pilot
– Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
-Three piece wing with Aluminium Wing Joiner
-Two booms with left fuselage and right fuselage made of Balsa/ply and main fuselage pod made by fiberglass
-Turbo superchargers: ABS vacuum formed.
-Ailerons and fowler flaps ready. All mechanism for flaps already instaled at the factory.
– Wingspan: 2100 mm (82.6 in.)
– Fuselage Lenght: 1460mm (57.4 in.)
– Weight ( ready to fly): 6,5 – 7,2kg / 14-16.5 pounds depending on final set up
– Engine: 46-52 (2 stroke) / 62-70 (4 stroke) ( x2)
– Radio: 9 channels with 12 servos
– Eletric Motor: Boost 50 or .46 glow equivalent electric motor/esc
– Battery: Lipo 14,8V- 4500 mAh ( x2)
– Assembly instructions with illustrations
– Fiberglass cowlings
– Painted pilot
– Wheels and gear doors
– Engine mounts
– Fuel tanks
– Aluminium wing joiners
– Decals and all hardware
Sierra VQ P-38 Landing Gear
VQ OEM/FACTORY BRAND E-Retracts with struts: VQ-ARE18S
SIERRA VQ P-38 LIGHTNING RETRACTS and SCALE WHEELS
ROBART VQ P-38 LIGHTNING ELECTRIC RETRACTS and SCALE WHEEL , BRAKES
Does not include: finishing supplies, assembly tools, radio gear, engines/motors, glue/adhesives, and silicon fuel line