Pre-Order NOW/ Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before ordering:
- We are now accepting pre-orders for the VQ L-4A GRASSHOPPER .46 EP/GP model. The current expected arrival date for this shipment is Late December +/- 2017. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page. Exact arrival dates are not exact as there are many variables that can speed up or delay the arrival. Please note if you pre-order you are guaranteed a model included in the shipment. We cannot “reserve” a model from the shipment if it is not pre-paid.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a unit from this shipment. We will not have another shipment before late Spring after this one! So please plan ahead!!!
- In order to reserve your VQ L-4A GRASSHOPPER .46 EP/GP model your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
- Pre-order here now!
L4 Grasshopper – Originally built as a civillian aircraft by Taylor Aircraft, the design was purchased by Piper Aircraft after the Taylor Aircraft company went bankrupt in 1930. After the start of the second world war, the design was altered slightly to allow for military service, it was renamed the L4. The L4, along with similar designs by Taylorcraft and Aeronca were known as “Grasshoppers”, and performed many duties such as utility transport, medevac and reconnaissance missions. They were also popular in the artillery spotting role, which was accompanied by the use of smoke rockets. A little known fact about the L4 is that the final dogfight on the western front occurred between an L4 Grasshopper and a German Fieseler Storch. The crew of the L4 forced the Storch down after shooting at the occupants using their service pistols.
All Balsa and lite- ply construction
Fully covered in weathered detail
Control surfaces pre- hinged and installed
Two piece wing with aluminium wing joiner
Pilot door can open- close
Battery hatch for electric version
- Wingspan: 63.7 in – 1620mm
- Fuselage: 49.2 in – 1250mm
- Flying Weight: ~ 5.7lbs – 2,600g
- Glow Engine Power: 40-52 2C, 52-65 4C
- Electric Brushless Power: 870w (4120/05 motor, 5S 5000mAh LiPo)
- Radio req: at least 4 channels
- Fixed landing gear, wires, tail wheel
assembly, wheels, servo trays,
engine mounts, fuel tank, fiberglass cowling,
and hardware.* Does not include: radio, engine/motor, glue, and fuel line