Pre-Order NOW/ Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before ordering:
- We are now accepting pre-orders for the VQ BF-108 TAIFUN 63″ .60 EP/GP MODEL. The current expected arrival date for this shipment is Late March 2018 as container has landed in the USA and is awaiting clearance through port and US CUSTOMS. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page. Exact arrival dates are not exact as there are many variables that can speed up or delay the arrival. Please note if you pre-order you are guaranteed a model included in the shipment. We cannot “reserve” a model from the shipment if it is not pre-paid.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a unit from this shipment. We will not have another shipment of these models before fall/winter, so please plan ahead!!!
- In order to reserve your VQ BF-108 TAIFUN 63″ .60 EP/GP model your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
- Pre-order here now!
The Messerschmitt Bf 108 Taifun was a German single-engine sports and touring aircraft developed by Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (Bavarian Aircraft Works). The Bf 108 was of all-metal construction. The Bf 109 fighter used many of the same design features.
Originally designated the M-37, the aircraft was designed as a two-seat sports/recreation aircraft for competition in the 4th Challenge de Tourisme Internationale (1934). The M 37 prototype flew first in spring 1934 powered by a 186 kW (250 hp) Hirth HM 8U inverted-V engine, which drove a three-blade propeller.
The M 37’s performance marked it as a popular choice for record flights. One of the first major changes made to the production variants was to adapt the fuselage for a four-seat configuration.
The A version first flew in 1934, followed by the B version in 1935. The B version used the Argus As 10 air-cooled inverted V8 engine. The nickname Taifun (German for “typhoon”) was given to her own aircraft by Elly Beinhorn, a well known German pilot, and was generally adopted. Soon after the first production aircraft began to roll off the assembly line in Augsburg, several Bf 108s had set endurance records.
The Bf 108 was adopted into Luftwaffe service during World War II, where it was primarily used as a personnel transport and liaison aircraft. The plane involved in the Mechelen Incident was a Bf 108. Production of the Bf 108 was transferred to occupied France during World War II and production continued after the war as the Nord 1000 Pingouin.
VQ MODELS now proudly offers you another fine example of a rarely modeled full scale WWII AIRPLANE… ORDER now and own another fine WWII REPLICA R/C WARBIRD !!!
This replica of the BF-108 TAIFUN features an all balsa & lite-ply construction. The detailed covering make it a beautiful addition to your hangar. Features a painted fiberglass cowl, factory painted canopy (no more decals on the canopy frames, as well as pre-hinged control surfaces will have you in the air in no time.
Model has been updated with easy access battery hatch for easy electric power battery pack access or easy access to your fuel tank/radio gear!
Assembly instructions , Fuselage, wing panels, tail plane and fin, fiberglass motor cowl, gear doors, wheels, canopy, small items, linkage hardware pack.
- – Throttle
- – Rudder, coupled to Steerable tail wheel
- – Elevator
- – Ailerons
- – Flaps
- – Retracts (optional)
- Wing Span: ~63.56″
- Weight: 9.50 lbs
- Engines: 2c 46-.61 , 4c .70-.91 or electric equivalent
Electric Motor: Boost 60 – 800watt
Battery: Lipo 14,8V 5000 mAh
- Radio: 6 channels, 7 servos
**NOW INCLUDES Pilot Figure and spinner At no Additional Charge**
Great Looking Custom Painted VQ BF-108 in North Africa Colors!
Full Scale restored 108 TAIFUN flying in Europe!