COMPOSITE SPITFIRE 81″ Warbird By TopRCModel
IN STOCK & SHIPPING TODAY!
ITEM # TOP-P0001A
Top RC Models introduces the US with their 81″ 1/5 scale Spitfire MKIV. This model is a stunning example of the Spitfire Canadian Johnny Johnson flew with the Royal Air Force in WWII. This Spitty is the first in a new line of Warbirds with game changing construction technology/fabrication.
The airframe is fabricated with full composite “Sandwich Technology” bringing the lightest airframe ever introduced in an 81″ composite SPITFIRE. The Fuselage weighs 3 lbs. the wings with aluminum tubes in them weighs 2 lbs. The entire airframe assembled with a 35cc gas engine and retracts will be less than 20 lbs. We estimate around 18-19 lbs. This new composite technology uses 45% less resin than it’s closest counterpart in the industry. The skin is rigid, strong, and can hold up to the performance of a strong 35cc or electric power plant. The model offers the following features:
1. Full Composite design using the new “Sandwich Composite” technology.
2. Plug in wings with aluminum tubes.
3. Full Cockpit installed
4. Top Hatch preinstalled and aligned
5. Electric Retracts with 1/2″ struts (Not Included, sold separately)
6. Scale Hinging pre aligned and installed (requires gluing)
7. Power plant choice; designed for 35cc engine or Electric Power Package.
8. 81″ Wingspan, 1/5 scale
9. Fiberglass Canopy framework with heavy plastic for the glass.
10. Correctly designed retract bays for better ground handling
11. 2 blade or 3 blade spinner available 4.25″ (not included,purchase separately)