THIS MODEL IS IN STOCK NOW!
ORDER THIS MODEL ONLINE or CALL US to ORDER !
Only a limited quantity of this model shipped to us this container,,, so order now!!!
Order with confidence in VQ WARBIRDS!!!
When the United States Air Force set out to replace its aging T-6 Texan trainers, North American was hired to complete the task. What they presented was the Model NA-159 piston-engine trainer; a design that was so successful that it was responsible for gaining a contract for two XT-28 prototypes. After an evaluation of these prototypes and an initial flight on September 26, 1949, the Air Force was so impressed that it ordered production to begin on the newly designated T-28A.
The Trojan, as it became known, had a frameless canopy and a Wright R-1300 engine that, when combined, gave it a top speed that often exceeded 280 mph. First orders of 266 planes in 1950 eventually grew to 1,194. After it became evident that the Air Force had found a very successful design, the United Sates Navy and Marine Corps adopted it as well. Two years later, 489 standardized versions (T-28Bs) were ordered by the Navy, mainly differing from the T-28A in its use of the more-powerful Wright R-1820-86 engine. Following this, 299 T-28Cs were produced, which were fitted with an arrester gear for carrier-deck landing training.
In 1962, North American began supplying T-28Ds for the counter-insurgency role. Six underwing hard-points were added in order for the aircraft to accept a variety of weapons. The T-28 saw action in both Southeast Asia and North Africa. The attack trainer version of the T-28D was called the AT-28D. France’s Sud-Aviation converted over 240 T-28Ds into Fennecs and used them as replacements for their Algerian-based T-6s. Fennecs performed admirably in the close-support, reconnaissance and patrol roles.
The T-28’s service career, though long, was finally ended by the introduction of the T-34 turboprop trainer, but the T-28 lives on as one of the most popular piston-powered warbirds in the USA, as well as several other countries.
- -Fiberglass fuselage
- -Fiberglass Cowling
- -Fully built up wings and tail covered with iron on fabric type covering and airbrushed with a glossy finish
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- – Also includes: wheels, servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC Retracts with functioning oleos, and aluminum wheels are available!
- -SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS AVAILABLE!
- SCALE WHEEL SET WITH AND WITHOUT BRAKES AVAILABLE!
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT and SCALE PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE!
- Wing Span: Approx 81″ IMAA LEGAL !!!
- Length: Approx TBA” Flying Weight: Approx TBA lbs
- Radio: 6 chnl. 8-9 Servos
- Engine: 1.50 – 1.80 4-cycle Or equivalent 2-cycle
- Gas Engine: 30cc-40cc
* Does not include: retracts, radio, motor, glue, and silicone fuel line
VIDEOS “COMING SOON”!