THIS MODEL IS IN STOCK NOW!
ORDER THIS MODEL ONLINE or CALL US to ORDER !
Only a limited quantity of this model shipped to us this container,,, so order now!!!
The A-1 Skyraider was initially developed during WWII to perform as a carrier based long-range torpedo/dive bomber. It missed the second world war by a few months, but quickly proved itself as a reliable performer, capable of carrying a tremendous amount of ordanance on seven hardpoints on each wing, while maintaining excellent low speed manueverability. It could loiter on target for much longer periods than faster aircraft and deliver its substantial load of ordanance with greater precision.
These design characteristics resulted in it seeing substantial combat in Korea, and later in Vietnam, where it proved extremely beneficial. Although the USN and USMC were beginning to phase out the Skyraider in favour of the A-6 Intruder, it continued to see substantial service, with many being transferred to the USAF where they were used in a close support role, particularly with the Air Rescue and Recovery Service where they protected downed pilots until HH-3 Jolly Green Giants were able to extract them to safety. It also saved the lives of hundreds of servicemen who were facing imminent harm, thanks to its ability to deliver ordanance in close proximity to ground forces. At least two USAF pilots recieved the Congressional Medal of Honour for actions they undertook while flying the Skyraider.
This Model’s Paint Scheme is in the livery of VA 176, the thunderbolts, who while operating A-1H Skyraiders from the carrier USS Interpid over vietnam in a RESCAP mission, engaged a flight of 4 Mig-17 jets, and scored one confirmed kill, one probable kill and damaged a third, forcing the Migs to retreat from the area. Part of the reason for the success was that the engagement occurred at very low level, in an area covered by high hills. This allowed the skyraiders to use their low speed maneuverability to their advantage.
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: fabric covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -ESM ROTATING GEN 4 ELECTRIC RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- CJM ALL NEW ELECTRIC RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- ESM SKYRAIDER DROP TANKS AVAILABLE (not included)
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT & PILOT FIGURE AVAILABLE
- SCALE ORDNANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- Wing Span: Approx 70.9″
- Length: Approx 54″
- Wing Area: 877 square inches
- Cowl Diameter: approx
- Weight: Approx
- Engine: 1.50 4-Stroke or 26CC gas