In 1999 Pilatus Aircraft, famous for their PC-12 small passenger aircraft and the PC-7 and PC-9 jet trainers, began the development of a new generation of turboprop jet trainers. The result of that program was the Pilatus PC-21, a sleek modern trainer designed to operate for 30 years per airframe, at costs below that of existing advanced trainers, but with better performance and flexibility.
Featuring a very advanced avionics suite, and integrating flexible computer systems, the PC-21 is truly cutting edge. The pilot’s display is incredibly user friendly, featuring many items found only on the most advanced combat aircraft such as LCD MFDs, dual HUDs, HOTAS Throttle, a bird strike resistent canopy with excellent visibility and zero/zero ejection seats. The aircraft is designed to perform as a training platform for basic flight, advanced jet training and fighter tactics. It is also expected to be used in a COIN (Counter Insurgency) role by many of the world’s smaller airforces, as the low cost makes it attractive to many such nations. The aircraft is capable of carrying a variety of weaponry on 5 hardpoints mounted under the wings and centerline of the aircraft.
The first prototype was flown in July of 2002, and the first aircraft were delivered to the swiss airforce in April of 2008. Singapore’s Air Force has also recieved several of their production aircraft with 7 more to be delivered in August of 2008, replacing the SIAI Marchetti S.211’s that were currently in service. It is expected that many other nations will adopt the aircraft as well.
About this Model’s Paint Scheme
This model’s paint scheme is a reproduction of the Pilatus PC-21 demonstration aircraft which has been seen at many airshows around the world.
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Solartex Fabric Covered,primed and painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful scale glossy finish. This is a superior finish with professional covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- –ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels are optional.
- –Robart Electric Retracts for ESM PC-21 in stock !
- Wing Span: Approx 71″
- Length: Approx 81.5″
- Wing Area: 6.0 sq. ft.
- Wing Loading: approx 40.6oz/sq. ft.
- Flying Weight: approx 15.21 lbs.
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 1.20 to 1.50 4-Stroke or 26CC gas* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
TODD SHERIDAN’s FIRST 3 FLIGHTS… AMAZINGLY great piloting skills w/ a great flying aircraft!! CONGRATS TODD!!!
STUART CHITTY at the controls !