ESM P-51B MUSTANG History:
The original Mustangs used an Allison engine which quickly was recognized as being not up to the task of escorting long range bombers, intercepting and tangling with the AXIS Fighters. The British suggested using a Rolls Royce Merlin 61 engine, whcih would drastically improve the aircraft’s high altitude performance. When this proved a successful variant it was designated the P-51B and put into full scale production. With the new engine and the improved high altitude performance, and especially the more efficient fuel economy, the aircraft proved capable of providing long range escort for allied bombers. This was especially true after the introduction of drop tanks. It entered full service in October of 1943, and its ascendence as an escort fighter was the catalyst for an incredible reduction in the attrition rates of allied daylight bombing raids.
Now, you too can fly a scale model of a TUSKEGEE AIRMAN P-51B, available in this ESM limited edition model, with composite fuselage, built up sheeted wing, covered in film, painted to match. OPTIONAL Retractable Gear, Alloy wheels, Oleo struts available!
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covered painted, minimal decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -AVAILABLE ESM electric RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels or choose from the SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS w/ Oleos struts.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.Specifications:
- Wing Span: Approx 71″
- Weight: Approx 13.5lbs
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 1.20-1.50 4-Stroke or 26CC gas* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
ESM “BALD EAGLE P-51B vs ESM KI-84