VQ WARBIRDS IS SHIPPING THIS MODEL NOW!
BALD EAGLE IS in stock , ready to ship!
Limited Availability so order now!
Order with confidence in VQ WARBIRDS!!!
ESM P-51B MUSTANG
History: The original Mustangs used an Allison engine which quickly was recognized as being not up to the task of escorting long range bombers, intercepting and tangling with the AXIS Fighters. The British suggested using a Rolls Royce Merlin 61 engine, whcih would drastically improve the aircraft’s high altitude performance. When this proved a successful variant it was designated the P-51B and put into full scale production. With the new engine and the improved high altitude performance, and especially the more efficient fuel economy, the aircraft proved capable of providing long range escort for allied bombers. This was especially true after the introduction of drop tanks. It entered full service in October of 1943, and its ascendence as an escort fighter was the catalyst for an incredible reduction in the attrition rates of allied daylight bombing raids.
The P-51B christened “Bald Eagle III” was flown by Lt. Robert T Eckfeldt of the 374th Fighter Squadron of the 361st Fighter Group. It was in this aircraft, on June 29th 1944, that he attacked Oschersleben aerodrome, destroying 4 FW-190’s on the ground, and damaging two more. By the end of his tour in August of 1944 he had also claimed three more kills of German aircraft in the air. Now you too can own a beautiful scale reproduction of his aircraft!
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- SIERRA PRECISION pneumatic retracts available.
- CJM ELECTRIC RETRACTS available.
- SCALE 10 SPOKE ALUMINUM 4″ WHEELS AVAILABLE.
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT and SCALE PILOTS AVAILABLE.
- SCALE SPINNERS AVAILABLE.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- Wing Span: Approx 71″
- Weight: Approx 13.5lbs
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 1.20-1.50 4-Stroke or 26CC gas
- * Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line