ESM LA-7 IN STOCK and SHIPPING NOW!
QUANTITY LIMITED SO ORDER TODAY!!!
The Lavochkin La-7 was the ultimate wooden Lavochkin fighter, and very likely the best Soviet fighter aircraft of the entire war. Considered one of the last “Grand Pianos”, it was evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The two highest-scoring Soviet aces flew the La-7, one of them; Ivan Kozhedub was the top Allied ace of the war. The aircrafts record was legendary, matching 115 La-7 losses to over 3,100 victories over German enemy aircraft. The excellent performance of the La-7 combined with a veteran pilot made it nearly untouchable but more importantly it kept novices from succumbing to the enemy before they could acquire the necessary combat skills. The first production La-7 entered service with units in July 1944. Externally the La-7 did not appear much different than the La-5 but was about 44mph faster than the FW-190 and began racking up victories. Like many other outstanding piston-engined designs the age of the jet brought the La-7 to a premature retirement. Total production of the La-7 amounted to 5,753 aircraft, including a number of La-7UTI trainers. Order today and Own one of the Finest Fighters of WWII and fly a piece of history today!
- -Fiberglass fuselage
- -Fiberglass Cowling
- -Fully built up wings and tail covered with Solartex type Fabric and airbrushed with a flat finish
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- – Also includes: wheels, servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC Retracts with functioning oleos, and aluminum wheels are available!
- SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT and PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE
- Wing Span: Approx 80″ IMAA LEGAL !!!
- Length: Approx 65″
- Flying Weight: Approx 16.5 lbs
- Radio: 6 chnl. 8 Servos
- Engine: 1.50 – 1.80 4-cycle Or equivalent 2-cycle
- Gas Engine: 30cc-40cc* Does not include: retracts, radio, motor, glue, and silicone fuel lineVIDEOS:
ESM LA-7 Flying in the UK w/ a 35cc Gas Engine, video courtesy of our friends across the pond! Stuart Chitty, Great flying !!! Flying weight 17lbs!!!