THIS MODEL IS IN STOCK AS OF JAN 5, 2018!
ORDER THIS MODEL ONLINE or CALL US to ORDER !
Only a limited quantity of this model remain,,, so order now!!!
Design of the Ki-84 commenced in early 1942 to meet an Imperial Japanese Air Service requirement for a replacement for Nakajima’s Ki-43 Hayabusa, just entering service. The specification recognised the need to combine the maneuverability of the Ki-43 with performance to match the best western fighters and heavy firepower. The Ki-84 first flew in March 1943. Although the design itself was solid, the shortage of fuel and construction materials, poor production quality, and lack of skilled pilots prevented the fighter from reaching its potential. 3,514 were produced.
The Ki-84 addressed the most common complaints about the popular and highly maneuverable Ki-43: insufficient firepower, poor defensive armour, and lack of climbing power. The Ki-84 was introduced with two 12.7 mm (.50-in) machine guns and two 20 mm cannons, a considerable improvement over the single 7.7 mm and single 12.7 mm machine guns of the Hayabusa. Defensive armor offered Hayate pilots better protection than the unsealed wing tanks and light-alloy airframe of the Ki-43. In addition, the Ki-84 used a 65 mm armor-glass canopy, 13 mm of head and back armor, and multiple bulkheads in the fuselage, which protected both the methanol-water tank (used to increase the effectiveness of the supercharger and the centrally located fuel tank. OWN A UNIQUE and Rarely seen WWII WARBIRD FIGHTER TODAY!
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Solartex Fabric Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- AVAILABLE SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS also instock!
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT and PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- Wing Span: Approx 72″
- Weight: Approx 13.5lbs
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 1.20-1.50 4-Stroke or 26CC gas
* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
ESM P-51B vs ESM KI-84 FRANK!