ESM HURRICANE IN STOCK, LIMITED QTY, ORDER NOW!
Order with confidence in VQ WARBIRDS!!!
ESM’s 82″ IMAA LEGAL HURRICANE, DEFEND THE ENGLISH CHANNEL!
ESM is pleased to bring you a fine model of the Hurricane mk 1a as flown by Robert Stanford Tuck, who flew hurricanes during the defence of France and the battle of britain. This model is of the aircraft flown by Tuck between December 1940 and April 1941, when it was destroyed in combat. Having survived, Tuck continued to fly hurricanes until he was shot down by anti-aircraft fire over France in January of 1942. Taken to Stalag Luft II he tried to escape on several occaisons. With the Russians closing in, the camp was to be moved. While being transported away from the POW camp he escaped and joined the Russian forces. He had some knowledge of Russian, which he put to good use, and actually fought with the Red Army until the Russians were able to secure his transport to England. An excellent pilot Tuck was promoted several times, first to Squadron Leader, and later to Wing Commander and Wing Leader. He shot down 27 enemy aircraft with 2 shared kills, 6 probable kills and numerous ground targets destroyed. He was awarded the Airforce Cross, the Distinguished Service Order and the Distinguished Service Cross (with two bars). After the war he was a test pilot of the Electric Canberra before retiring to a mushroom farm. He developed a keen friendship with Adolf Galland after working together on the movie Battle of Britain.
Keen modellers will note the British colonial flag of Burma on the side of the aircraft. This is because the squadron Tuck commanded was no. 257 Squadron, also known as Burma Squadron. The aircraft never participated in the Pacific Theatre. Now you too can own a beautiful scale reproduction of his aircraft!
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Fabric Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- Illustrated instruction manual included.
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC LANDING GEAR with ALUMINUM WHEELS AVAILABLE
- SIERRA RETRACTS with oleo struts available
- SCALE 3, 4, and 5 Spoke British style aluminum wheels available
- TYS PLANES SCALE COCKPIT KIT available
- 10″ and 12″ BRITISH RAF PILOTS Available
- Wing Span: Approx 82″
- Length: Approx 63″
- Weight: Approx 16.0 lbs Flying Weight
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 1.80 4-Stroke or 26CC gas
* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
Maiden flight of ESM 82″ Hurricane, 40cc gas engine, “Flew with authority”