THIS MODEL IS IN STOCK NOW!
ORDER THIS MODEL ONLINE or CALL US to ORDER !
Only a limited quantity of this model shipped to us this container,,, so order now!!!
ESM F4U CORSAIR 74.5″
The Corsair started as a USN requirement for a carrier aircraft that could perform with the best land based aircraft of its day. It was harnessed to a 2000hp Pratt and Whitney 2800 double wasp engine, which allowed it to exceed 400mph in level flight, becoming the first US production aircraft to do so. Other carrier aircraft of its time were considerably overbuilt to withstand the repeated stresses of carrier landings. Early carrier trials produced mediocre results, and the Navy released the aircraft for the Marine Corps who desperately needed a decent replacement for the obsolete F4F Wildcats. Two navy units were supplied with the Corsair, but one later gave its aircraft to the marines and the other (VF-12) was removed from its carrier, the USS Bunker Hill, but continued to operate from land bases in the Rabaul area.
The Marines were very happy with their new aircraft, and it saw combat from February 1943 on from bases in Guadalcanal and the Solomon Island chain, it became a very potent aircraft and produced its first ace by May of 1943, 2nd Lieutenant Kenneth A. Walsh, who ended the war with 21 kills.
About this Model’s Paint Scheme ESM is releasing this model in the livery of the F4U Corsair flown by Ira Cassius Kepford. Kepford was assigned to the ‘Fighting 17’ and arrived in time for the battle of the Solomon Sea, where he shot down 4 enemy aircraft and damaged a 5th, earning a Navy Cross in the process. In January of 1943 he and his wingman engaged 12 japanese fighters, and he scored another four kills. He finished the war with 16 confirmed kills and 1 unconfirmed, and many decorations.
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: The covering material is a brand name covering which has a special paint adherant layer. The wing is covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- Wing Span: Approx 74.2″
- Length: Approx 57.9″
- Wing Area: 1006.9 square inches
- Cowl Diameter: approx
- Weight: Approx 14-16 lbs depending on motor/engine and final set up chosen
- Radio: 6 channel radio 8 servos
- Engine: 1.50-1.80 4-STROKE or 26CC gas
- ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC ROTATING RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT and PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE
* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
ESM CORSAIR with a SAITO 170 for power, by kinverflyer