ESM BF-110 ‘Zerstorer’
History: The BF-110 sprung from a 1934 competition for a heavy fighter capable of carrying a small bombload and cannon. The first prototype flew in 1936, with the aircraft flying considerably faster than anticipated. It beat out the competition from Henschel and the Focke-Wulf 187 and went into production. The initial run using the DB600 were found to be tempermental, so they were replaced by the Junkers Jumo 210B engine and eventually the DB 601B engine. The maximum speed was 336 mph, and the range was 680 miles.
The BF-110 first saw combat in the polish campaign, and also the invasions of Norway and Denmark and the low countries. During the battle of britain it became very clear it was unsuited for use as a daylight fighter, with too wide a turning radius it was easily outfought by more nimble hurricanes and spitfires. After the battle of britain the BF-110’s were shifted to the mediterranean theatre and the eastern front, where they saw heavy duty, particularly in an air-to-ground role. It was also used to defend Germany as a night fighter and a bomber destroyer.
This model is a BF-110C from Stab II/ZG 1 ‘Wespen Geschwader’, stationed on the eastern front near Bagerowo, Russia – July 1942. Now you too can own a beautiful scale reproduction of his aircraft!
SUPERFAST ASSEMBLY TIME as quick as 31 hours from box to field! SCALE COCKPIT KITS and SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS NOW also AVAILABLE!
- All composite fuselage construction, fiberglass nacelles, fiberglass cowlings, with built up wings and surfaces.
- All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Solartex Fabric Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- Functional flaps.
- All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- ESM AIR Down/AIR Up RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS AVAILBLE
- SCALE COCKPIT KIT AVAILABLE
- Illustrated instruction manual included.Specifications:
- Wing Span: Approx 95″
- Weight: Approx 17.5 lbs – 21.5 lbs.
- Radio: 6 channel radio 9 servos
- Engine: 2 x .91-1.20 4 cycle or 20cc-26cc gas or electric equivalent* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel lineVIDEO