VQ WARBIRDS IS NOW SHIPPING THIS MODEL!
B-25 is in stock ready to ship!!!
Order with confidence in VQ WARBIRDS!!!
ESM 95″ Wingspan B-25 Mitchell IMAA LEGAL !
NEW FOR 2016/2017 is our 345th Bomber Group SPECIAL EDITION MODEL!
Designed in the mid 1930’s, the B-25 Mitchell was the most important medium bomber in WWII. It saw service in the British, Canadian, Australian and US forces during WWII with distinction in all theatres of the war. It served long after the war and over 10 000 were manufactured, across 4 decades.
The B-25J is widely held to be the best variant of this versatile aircraft. Early versions had a greenhouse canopy with a bombadier position. Later versions of the “J” had a solid nose with 8 .50 calibre machine guns. All “J” versions had two .50 caliber machineguns mounted on the fuselage below the pilot’s position, and two more mounted on the co-pilot’s side. Close to 4300 “J” variants were manufactured, and they saw extensive service. Pilot’s loved its stable and predictable flight characteristics, although they complained about the cabin noise (which caused hearing loss in many of its crew). Able to withstand substantial punishment, it was used extensively for interdicting enemy transportation, especially shipping in the Pacific theatre.
This Special Edition B-25 will come painted with olive upper and gray lower surfaces without any decals applied allowing you to customize this awesome 95″ B-25 to your liking. We are including (5) sets of decals for the following B-25’s:
Now you can form a squadron of uniquely marked B-25’s with ease thanks to VQ WARBIRDS!
In the future we will be offering a working bomb bay upgrade kit and gear door kit!!!
- All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- Factory painted to scale, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Fabric Covered, painted, and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish.
- Functional flaps.
- All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- ESM GEN4 RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- SIERRA RETRACTS available.
- CJM ELECTRIC RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- SCALE WHEELS with or without brakes.
- SCALE COCKPIT , NOSE and GUN KITS AVAILABLE
- SIMULATED EXPLODING BOMBS AVAILABLE
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- Wing Span: Approx 95.5″
- Engines REQ’D: 2 x .91-1.20 + 4-Stroke or equivalent electric or gas
- Radio: 6 channel (+) & 10 servos
* Does not include: radio gear, retracts, engines/motor, adhesives/glue, or fuel line (Airframe Only).
Wally Warren’s ESM B-25 modified to gunship nose version “BETTY’s DREAM”…(2)24cc gassers….