THIS MODEL IS NOW SOLD OUT AS OF JAN 9, 2018!
The first few produced J2M2 Raiden were delivered to the development units in December 1942 but severe problems were encountered with the engines. Trials and improvements took almost a year and the first batch of the serial built J2M2 Model 11 was delivered to 381st Kokutai in December 1943. Parallel with the J2M2, production of the J2M3 Raiden Model 21 started. The first J2M3 appeared in October 1943 but deliveries to combat units started at the beginning of February 1944.
The Raiden made its combat debut in June 1944 during the Battle of the Philippine Sea. Several J2Ms operated from Guam and Saipan and a small number of aircraft were deployed to the Philippines. Later, some J2Ms were based in Chosen airfields, Genzan (Wonsan), Ranan (Nanam), Funei (Nuren), Rashin (Najin) and Konan under Genzan Ku, for defending these areas and fighting against Soviet Naval Aviation units.
From the designers of the A6M Zero, the Raidon was designed for home defense from high altitude US B-29 Superfortress bombers.
ESM’s IMAA LEGAL scale Raiden has the same menacing looks of this famous Japenese Fighter, ideal for 50cc-60cc range Gas Engines.
- -Fiberglass fuselage
- -Fiberglass Cowling
- -Fully built up wings and tail covered with Film and airbrushed with a flat finish
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- – Also includes: wheels, servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- -ESM GEN 4 ELECTRIC VERSION RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- -SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS AVAILABLE
- TYS PLANES SCALE COCKPIT KIT AVAILABLE
- Wing Span: Approx 81″
- Length: Approx 74″
- Weight: Approx 24-26 lbs
- Radio: 6 chnl. 8 Servos
- Gas Engine: 50cc-62cc* Does not include: retracts, radio, motor, spinner, glue, and fuel line .
ESM RETRACTS FOR THIS MODEL ARE ELECTRIC-ACTUATED ONLY!, ESM is currently manufacturing all retract systems with electric servoless mechanisms in lieu of air cylinders. Production cost of components is more, but overall customer satisfaction should greatly improve.
ESM & CJM ELECTRIC DRIVE RETRACTS AVAILABLE! SIERRA RETRACTS ALSO AVAILABLE!