WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS FOR THIS MODEL!
NEXT SHIPMENT LEAVING FACTORY JAN 2017!
FOR PRE-ORDER OF THIS MODEL PLEASE ORDER ONLINE BELOW NOW or CALL US !
Only a limited quantity of this model are shipping in January so order now!!!
ESM F4U CORSAIR IMAA LEGAL ~ 85″ WINGSPAN
The Corsair started as a USN requirement for a carrier aircraft that could perform with the best land based aircraft of its day. It was harnessed to a 2000hp Pratt and Whitney 2800 double wasp engine, which allowed it to exceed 400mph in level flight, becoming the first US production aircraft to do so. Other carrier aircraft of its time were considerably overbuilt to withstand the repeated stresses of carrier landings. Early carrier trials produced mediocre results, and the Navy released the aircraft for the Marine Corps who desperately needed a decent replacement for the obsolete F4F Wildcats. Two navy units were supplied with the Corsair, but one later gave its aircraft to the marines and the other (VF-12) was removed from its carrier, the USS Bunker Hill, but continued to operate from land bases in the Rabaul area.
The Marines were very happy with their new aircraft, and it saw combat from February 1943 on from bases in Guadalcanal and the Solomon Island chain, it became a very potent aircraft and produced its first ace by May of 1943, 2nd Lieutenant Kenneth A. Walsh, who ended the war with 21 kills.
- -Fiberglass fuselage
- -Fiberglass Cowling
- -Fully built up wings and tail covered with Solartex type Fabric and airbrushed with a flat finish
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- – Also includes: wheels, servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- -ESM Air up / Air down Rotating Retracts with functioning oleos, and aluminum wheels are available!
- ROBART AIR and ELECTRIC MAIN and TAIL RETRACTS AVAILABLE!
- TYS PLANES SCALE COCKPIT KIT AVAILABLE!
- SEVERAL TYPES/BRANDS OF SCALE PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE!
- Wing Span: Approx 85″ IMAA LEGAL !!!
- Length: Approx 68.3″ Flying Weight: Approx 25.0-26.5 lbs
- Radio: 6 chnl. 10 Servos
- Engine: 50cc-60cc Gas Engine Or equivalent 4-stroke or electric
(Test model was fitted with a 3W-50 and needed 1lb to balance)