VQ 30cc L-4A GRASSHOPPER 106″ MODEL
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the VQ 30cc L-4A GRASSHOPPER model. The models are LEAVING FACTORY END OF SEPTEMBER +/- with an approx 5 Week Transit time to USA +/-! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment after this one won’t be until SPRING 2020, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your VQ 30cc L-4A GRASSHOPPER 106″ MODEL, Your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
L4 Grasshopper – Originally built as a civillian aircraft by Taylor Aircraft, the design was purchased by Piper Aircraft after the Taylor Aircraft company went bankrupt in 1930. After the start of the second world war, the design was altered slightly to allow for military service, it was renamed the L4. The L4, along with similar designs by Taylorcraft and Aeronca were known as “Grasshoppers”, and performed many duties such as utility transport, medevac and reconnaissance missions. They were also popular in the artillery spotting role, which was accompanied by the use of smoke rockets. A little known fact about the L4 is that the final dogfight on the western front occurred between an L4 Grasshopper and a German Fieseler Storch. The crew of the L4 forced the Storch down after shooting at the occupants using their service pistols.
- – All Balsa and lite-ply construction
– Fully covered in weathered detail
– Fiberglass cowling
– Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
– Two piece wing with aluminium wing joiner
– Pilot door can open-close
– Battery hatch for electric version
– Wingspan: 2710mm (106.6in.)
– Fuselage: 1720mm (67.7in.)
– Weight (ready to fly): 5.8 – 6.2 kg
– Glow engine: 26cc – 30cc / 2 stroke
– Glow engine: 38cc / 4 stroke
– Electric motor: Boost 160 with Lipo 22.2V –
5000 mAh x 2
– Radio req: 6 channel / 8 servos
- Fixed landing gear, wires, tail wheel
assembly, wheels, servo trays,
engine mounts, fuel tank, fiberglass cowling,
***Does not include: radio gear, engine/motor, adhesives, or fuel line***